February 7, 2016
21 days until BALI
My name is Dee-Dee Kanhai. As you probably know, I’m one of the winners of the BaliBliss Giveaway. I am sure you are as excited about this amazing getaway as I am… So… I figured I would get some of this stuff out in the open, in advance. Hopefully a little mental preparation will make things less awkward when we get thrown in a villa together in paradise, so here goes:
- I’m an early riser, I love to wake up just in time to greet the sun. I do this regularly and understand that not everyone is as enthusiastic about watching the sunrise as I am, so I’ve had years of practice being extremely quiet while getting out to enjoy this part of my day… “YOU’RE BURNIN’ DAYLIGHT” runs through my head like a broken record when I sleep in, but I promise to fully refrain from saying it aloud, as it truly only applies to me.
- Next, you’ll probably hear a lot about “Princeton”, no… I’m not an Ivy League Snob, Princeton Juno Kanhai THE FIRST is my mini-chihuahua and literally turns me into a psychotic baby talking, picture showing, braggadocious dog mom in .03 seconds flat. Feel free to tell me you’ve heard enough at ANY time. No hard feelings, I know I need to be reeled in sometimes!
- I am a little socially awkward. Whenever you’re confused by my randomness, rest assured it ME, not you. I promise.
- I’ve never traveled this far and I’m slightly anxious about being away from my family. I might shed a tear… who am I kidding? I might just cry my eyeballs out! But trust me, it’s not because I’m SAD… It’ll just be my heart reminding me how much I love the little shits back home! Just ignore me and I’ll get it together.
- Here’s an important factoid, I bead jewelry for fun and have already prepared a decent kit to travel to Bali with me! If you’ve ever stepped on a faceted 8mm glass bead while barefoot, you already know how much that hurts!!! I am going to do everything in my power to see to it that I don’t have any runaway beads!!! But, if by any chance, you come across a misfit bead rolling across the floor, be careful! I promise my beading will pay off for you in the end! Wink wink
- Bugs and critters give me the jitters! My fear of these beasts come three traumatic events in my life. The “GOODBYE EVIL DRAGON” Scandal of 1999, the “Attic Squirrel in a Boot Event” of 2005, followed by the Great “Mole” Incident of 2009 and the Bat vs Baby incident of 2010. I’ll gladly share these encounters with you if you’re at all curious why my reaction to a mosquito is equivalent to seeing a wild polar bear.
- Last but certainly not least, noise cancelling headphones may be helpful because I have recently started snoring. I’m terribly embarrassed about this and will try my best to keep it down, but… When I’m sleeping, good luck trying to get me to stop sawing the wood then!
- I’m crazy super excited about this so, please accept my apologies for my overreactions to pretty much everything in advance.
I know this sounds like a recipe for trouble but, being my roommate has its perks too! Like, wrists full of bracelets just for putting up with me!!! Makeovers, hair styling and braiding, facials and all that girly stuff if it’s your thing!!! Trained and Certified FREE Guided Meditation available 24/7, just ask! I can take a good joke and LOVE a good laugh… I’m a great listener and overall… I think I’m a pretty decent girl with a big curious heart!
I hope I didn’t scare you off roommate! Lol